Borneo Macrophotography Masterclass
During this trip, we will guide you into the rainforest night and day and help you discover the awesome invertebrate fauna of Borneo : insects unlike any you have ever seen, spiders, fluorescent scorpions and even crabs !
But not only that. You will also have the opportunity to photograh amphibians and reptiles, plants, monkeys, birds and landscapes… The Borneo rainforest is a biodiversity heaven in particular at night when all the hidden life reveals itself to the photographer. And maybe if we are patient or lucky, we may encounter an Orangutang !
Beyond a simple workshop we are offering a comprehensive macrophotography Masterclass which we have tailored to allow you to bring back unique images and to help you grow your technique to another level.
Each day a different mini workshop will be proposed, focusing on a specific macrophoto topic : studio, off-camera flash, white background, focus stacking, backlighting or UV illumination will be some of these techniques. And you will be able to immediately put them in application during our evening outings !
Finally, do not let your images remain buried in the depths of your hard disks : we will show you how to optimize your workflow, select and process quickly your best images, how to use them in digital, design and more than anything how to highlight them on Internet, social media and your own website ! Give more visibility to your images and bring them to the widest possible audience, for the recognition they deserve.
And all of that of course in idyllic tropical settings and a friendly atmosphere filled with our shared passion for macrophoto and the beauty of the natural world !
March 9th, 2023 Lahad Datu – Danum Valley Field Center
March 10th at 12th, 2023 Danum Valley Field Center
March 13th at 16th, 2023 Sukau – Kinabatanga River – Borneo Nature Lodge
March 17th, 2023 Borneo Nature Lodge – Sepilok – Sandakan Airport.
- Unique and exclusive program : a tremendous wildlife experience, and the opportunity to bring your photography to an entirely different level
- Guided by 2 professionnals with varied expertise
- Denis Palanque : internationally recognized wildlife and nature photographer
- Pierre Escoubas : biologist and macrophotography expert
- 8 workshops throughout the stay with very specific themes on macro-photography.
Départ / RetourParis - Lahad Datu
DépartMarch 9th, 2023
RetourMarch 17th, 2023
SABAH - DANUM VALLEY FIELD CENTER (March 9th, 2023)
DANUM VALLEY FIELD CENTER (March 10th, 2023)
DANUM VALLEY FIELD CENTER (March 11th, 2023)
DANUM VALLEY FIELD CENTER (March 12th, 2023)
SUKAU - KINABATANGAN RIVER (March 13th, 2023)
SUKAU - KINABATANGAN RIVER (March 14th, 2023)
SUKAU - KINABATANGAN RIVER (March 15th, 2023)
SUKAU - KINABATANGAN RIVER (March 16th, 2023)
SEPILOK - SANDAKAN AIRPORT (March 17th, 2023)
2023 prices per adult person sharing a double room :
9 days and 8 nights, without flight.
From March 9th to 17th, 2023 :Price based on 4 participants : 6 470 € Price based on 5 participants : 5 700 € Price based on 6 participants : 5 200 € Price based on 7 participants : 4 850 € Price based on 8 participants : 4 575 €
- Reception at the airport on your arrival by our local partner in Lahad Datu (airport code LDU) : plan to arrive befort 9:00 a.m
- Services of 2 photographers : Denis Palanque and Pierre Escoubas
- Masterclass workshops led by Vie Sauvage photographers : teaching, advice, practice and criticicism
- Services of local English speaking naturalist guides in each hotel
- Nights in double, triple or twin rooms according to the program
- 4 nights : Lodge Danum Valley Field Centre (or similar) on full board
- 4 nights : Sukau Rainforest Lodge (or similar) on full board
- Full board and meals as mentioned in the program (from lunch on day 1 to breakfast on day 9)
- Services of a local English speaking driver guide
- Visits and excursions mentioned in the program
- Entrance fees to parks and reserves mentioned in the program
- Transfers as mentioned in the program
- International and regional flights (arrival at Lahad Datu, airport code LDU, and return from Sandakan, airport code SDK)
- All visits and excursions not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips to guides, drivers, porters throughout the tour
- Local photographic taxes
- Tourist tax of 10 MYR / night / room (around 2€)
- The small group supplement (under 6 participants)
- CAP EXPLORER insurance (cancellation, multirisk, assistance or additional CB)